Ticker

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Ode to Cottage Cheese

So I sprung for the full fat version of cottage cheese for my re-entry to chewing. I even put a little pepper on it. I ate 1/4 cup in about 20-25 minutes. It was delicious. Not a bit of fake sweetness to it. Yum, yum, yum. I'm sure I'll be sick of it my the time I move onto soft foods next Thursday, but for now HURRAY!

I had my one week follow up appointment with Dr. Minkin today. First time I've had on makeup and fixed my hair since leaving for the hospital. First NSV (non-scale victory) - I didn't sweat when I was getting ready Yeah!!

Dr. Minkin said everything looked good and that he'd see me in three weeks for my first fill. I have the standard Allergen AP band. He said he thinks it's the best band that they've made. Sounds good to me. I thought I had staples that were going to have to be removed but I don't - yeah!! I can start putting vitamin E on the incisions next week.

Another NSV - I can wear both of my wedding rings again! I had only been able to get my wedding band on and off for a while so it was a nice treat to be able to wear my engagement ring too. I usually take off my jewelry as soon as I get home (and don't wear it around the house) but I think I'll wear it today.

Dr. Minkin was really pleased with my weight loss - 17 pounds per his scale. I'm sure things will bounce around as I start to eat food. It's really nice to have the first 20 pounds almost done and to know that I'll be able to lose more than that. 20 lbs has always been a block for me in the past.

I'm pretty sure I'm the burping queen. I burp pretty much after drinking and eating but it's not like a regular burp. It sort of hurts because it's right at the top of my chest. Maybe this will get better? It's not a deal breaker - just takes some getting used to.

Oatmeal for lunch!

7 comments:

  1. I ate cottage cheese at least once a day for the first two months. Then I was so tired of it I didn't start eating it again until this last week. Enjoy the mushies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still eat cottage cheese a few times a week and I'm 8 months post op...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to be doing so well! Enjoy that oatmeal! Although I think it is just great to have something savory after all of those shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just catching up on your posts. I love HGTV and House Hunters. It is ridiculous to get obsessed over which home out of three someone will choose. :) Love it anyway!

    You are doing great with almost 20 lbs!

    I'm almost a month out from surgery and cottage cheese is my go-to food. I mix it with everything (tuna, baked potato, ground beef...) It tastes good by itself with cottage cheese on it too.

    I hiccup/burp several times a day too. Kind of weird, but you learn to get used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered cottage cheese too and love it. It's been 30 years since I last ate it. Have to add salt and pepper though. Great weightloss. The pain will lessen too. You are still healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow 20 lbs. I just hit that at 6 wks out, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great! Real food is the best!!

    ReplyDelete