Ticker

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feelin' Good

Looking back over recent posts, I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer. Amazingly enough, when you don't feel good, it comes across in your behavior (just a bit of a sarcasm problem there).

I know I'm barely into Day Three of my Pre-Pre-Op diet but amazingly, I feel good. I feel better. I feel like I can do this.

Typically when I would start a diet, every day was a struggle. I think this was in large part because of the sheer enormity of the task in front of me. I wasn't focused on the changes I wanted to make each day but rather "OMG, so I lost 1.4 lbs, I have eight million more to go". I worried about the inevitable falling off the wagon. I expected to fail again.

Over the past few days, I've tried to focus on - Am I hungry? How am I feeling? What does my body need? And amazingly enough - I already feel better. Still way too big with minimal clothes in my closet that fit. But feeling good. Hope is a drug and I am signing up for more.

I can't tell you how helpful it is to read everyone's blogs and to get a sense of their experiences with the band. It is really helping me to stay both optimistic and realistic.

T minus 13 more days - yikes!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are going to do great with your band! The time immediate before and after surgery isn't all that glamorous, but life does get back to "normal" relatively quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry a thing about being a Debbie Downer (which I didn't get, for the record). This phase you are in is brutal and it's trying and it's frustrating. I found great comfort in blogworld by being able to let it out. I think I lost some followers because I sucked but that's ok. I found a heck of a lot more love than anything else and have developed some great friendships.

    What you are focusing on sounds awesome and is a great approach.

    And Grace is right - it all gets back to normal very quickly and before you know it, you won't remember what this phase felt like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets easier, I am on day 8 of my pre-op. You can do this. The band will help us succeed! I totally didn't get that you were all down. I bitch on my blog sometimes too, but you know what? I haven't ever had a rude comment on my blog. Everyone here understands that these feelings are all part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you shifting your focus from the scale to your body's needs! You're going to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the great work! It is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete