Long time, no blog. I occasionally think to myself, I should blog about whatever it is I'm thinking of when I think that. Like....
1. The winter coat that I bought three years ago still fits.
2. The first pair of skinny jeans that I bought in an actual store 3+ years ago still fit - and I'm wearing them today comfortably.
3. That it will be 5 years since I've had my surgery this June. It's been 1 1/2 years since I've seen my surgeon. Need to go in and get things checked out.
4. I've had 3 or 4 people tell me in the last few weeks that I look like I've lost weight. Since I lost the initial 100, I gained back 20 and stayed there for quite a while. I'd edged up maybe another 5 or so pounds. I haven't been purposefully trying to lose weight but I'm back down about 10 pounds so within 15 pounds of my initial loss. So weird that now I lose 5-10 pounds and people notice whereas when after my surgery I had to lose like 40 pounds and even then, they just kept asking if I'd gotten my haircut.
It's been 4 1/2 years and I still am maintaining my weight. I worry about my nutrition sometimes but that's more because of the crappy choices I can make rather than what the band restricts me to. Still blows me away that I do not weigh 300 pounds. And that every Jan 1, I'm not resolving to lose weight. Frankly, I do better when I don't try to restrict but rather just try to make better choices. Like I imagine someone who doesn't have all sorts of issues with food does every day. A miracle. Still.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Christmas: No Mistletoe But Some Ho Ho HO
2 weeks ago