Ticker

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Taking the skinny out for a spin

I lost the memory card for our camera and for some reason, my phone keeps taking blue photos so this is the best picture of the unleashing of Susan in skinny jeans on humanity, not very good but all we've got.
I got a number of compliments on New Year's Eve. Remarkable, the jeans were super comfortable. Weird.

I've adjusted my ticker to reflect my new goal weights of 190 and 163. 170 is fine too but somehow it seems silly not to try to get to a normal BMI if I'm going to try to get that close.

When I was talking to a friend recently, I was saying that I had about 35 more pounds to lose and she asked if I really had that much to lose - as in, would it be too much. Amazingly, that's a totally valid question. I'm really comfortable with losing 35 more pounds. I know that will be just fine. However, when I think about losing 57 more pounds, that's kind of crazy.

I don't want to look like I'm sick - you know that look when someone really loses too much weight, or their skin just doesn't look healthy. I don't want to look like that. As I said when I started this, I know 190 is a weight that would be "just fine" for me. I could shop in most stores. I'd be relatively healthy. It would be reasonable to maintain. I'll just have to play it by ear after that. Bizarro world to even have that as a possibility.

Oh, and the fill is definitely working. I'm super tight in the morning and frankly, for most of the afternoon. Even drinking is pretty slow for a while in the daytime, even with a hot liquid. I really have to be careful not to eat and drink to closely together, either before or after eating. I think the band is working how it is supposed to in that the food is hanging out in the upper portion of my stomach for a longer period of time.
I get full, really full, much more quickly than I did before. That's new. Before, I had restriction in how quickly (or not quickly) I could eat but I didn't have that "I've only eaten 3 or 4 bites and I'm stuffed" experience. I'm having that now.

Also, not much hunger kicking. My brain sort of feels like when I took phen-fen. I'm not really thinking about food. Not craving food. I think occasionally - I need to eat because I need to eat not really because I'm hungry.

Good news on the weight loss front though. I saw 220 on the scale this morning. Yeah! 79 pounds. Amazing. It's nice to get moving after sort of bouncing for most of December.

3 comments:

  1. You are looking wonderful! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, love the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture!! And I'm right with you on the we'll see what we see attitude about what weight will end up feeling right. Like you, I'd love for it to be in the "normal" bmi, but that just might not be right - so we'll see.

    Continued good luck!

    ReplyDelete